Big Help from a Stranger | I'm Somewhere Over the Rainbow Now | Survived the Holiday Season








The things us artists go through, the people we meet, the realness of being free for the day to be inspired and continue being generally happy is an incredible leap of faith.  Knowing I will not end up on an episode of Hoarders miserable and cursing out my loved ones one day, art takes care of me, I believe in myself.

I took a back alley route home and found a flawless full piece of plywood that was obviously discarded, 10 mins later I have it balanced on my back and I am trying to make it to the streetcar, where I was hoping to load it on in some way.  Suddenly I heard a guy yell, "Hey buddy, where you going with that"  I could barely look up but I saw a Canada Post driver with the back of his truck open.  I told him where my studio is, he laughed and said "that's way too far, it will be outside the front of your building when you get home"  all I could say was "thanks" and he helped me put it in his van.

When I got home it was there waiting for me!!!

8 foot piece of Plywood comes in handy!


Thanks to an aware and present human being with a little extra help to offer, I will be sure to pass this one forward!

I immediately got to work, one of the projects I am working on is making mural paper out of old and discarded books, this is my first work on that project and I think it has a lot of promise.


The second great thing that has happened this month is that I finished my Concrete Rainbow, using an alchemists list of ingredients to describe it properly but I think I finally have it to a state of perfection, I will list the ingredients on it's Saatchi page.

Over all it has been another fantastic month with many magical happenings, I was gifted a membership to Artscape Daniels Launchpad this holiday season so I will update on how that goes.

Bye for now!
ccrewe.com


Concrete Rainbow
Chris Crewe Size: 36 W x 24 H x 5 in


Concrete cinder blocks
Nail Polish
Printer labels
Metal Sequins
Metallic Ribbon
Markers
Melted Crayons (Encaustic)
Ink
Latex Paint (Semi Gloss)
Acrylic Paint
Oil Paint
Charcoal
Sharpie
Ball Point Pen
Sparkles (Silver)
on Wood with a Semi Gloss Spray Finish.




Copyright © 2019 Chris Crewe - All Rights Reserved.

Comments