Force Time Relation Impulse...



I decided to do a little reading into the physics of a collision and the forces involved.  I came away with a stellar vocabulary to describe my work, I decided to write up a short piece to show off its amazingness!!!
Through a collision, I change the paints momentum from zero to some value given by its mass times its velocity; this causes an elastic expanse of paint like sunbeams which rise upward and outward from the center.      
The first mark


Eventually, its gravitational attraction returns as the weight of the paint pulls itself back towards earth...


General Idea
It all lands with a crash... Progression of the boarders stop as small pools develop; mixing of the pigments slows to nothing, forming a stable equilibrium.  The post-collision situation has no energy remaining.  

It becomes a moment in time; frozen forever in a quantum reference frame, ready to hang.

Chris Crewe | 2019  
Scanner Mouse Trap

⇆⇈⇊⇋⇰⇚⇛⇕⇆⇈⇊⇋⇰⇚⇛⇕




Torn from my sketchbook and brought home after it got wet.

Comments