Artist's State of Emergency

March 10 2020

There are so few things to write about in the life of Chris Crewe this last month... some orders from Saatchi happened, the plague happened, enough said, everyone has been affected by this global crisis.

I found myself stealing a few tubes of fluorescent Liquitex from Michaels, I am like a drug addict for art, I decided I need to take a break. 

Despite hard times I have been gifted a Segway by a dear friend to help keep me traveling, and keep me moving freely around the city, I have never had so much fun; I feel like I can fly.   I have found so many cool spots in the city searching for ideas, I have been touched by every piece of graffiti, and every image logo or tag that I have found, If you are interested in my latest finds check my Pinterest Page.

I have promised myself this will be the most fun summer ever. 

The release of the Saatchi catalog kind of burned me out this month, I am dizzy and sore from all the running around, the people around me are right, I need to rest…

Saatchi Art Catalog Spring 2020 

It is okay that I didn’t make a fortune, I never count my eggs before they hatch.  This state of emergency might be to blame, everybody running from the Corona virus pandemic does not make a nice season to buy a painting.
I decided to take a break after the catalog, I've been zipping around the city gathering inspiration as normal.
When I stopped painting for a couple days I got an overwhelming idea for  a furniture design, a bit of effort and I ended up making it happen!  I have been hard at work designing up a storm.

Pedestrians: Meditate | Chris Crewe | 2020











This fireplace was inspired by my memories of abandoned houses and skate parks in the 1990's, it feels relaxed, but also one of a kind.
The over-sized cigarette on the right is a lamp which sparkles with all the realness of a cigarette. 

These pieces will be available by request only.  (Please contact me directly)

Imagine the shape of a cigarette in the classiest way possible; warm and comforting as a home furnishing. 
Pure pop culture elegance!  

Although I quit years ago I LOVE THIS LAMP!!!  The sexy and seductive appeal of it gently glowing in the corner reminds me of those good times, the top is dotted with large red jewels which let light from the inside.  I think smoking is ready to make a come back, it's gorgeous.
  
I will be experimenting with furniture designs for the next few months,   I will share my designs as I have them ready, check back in the coming posts!     

Everyone; stay safe!  I hope we all survive the plague of 2020.  

Tune in next month where I will tell you why buying art is the only true happiness in life; and how it can lead you into a new paradigm of health.

I Love you all!  <3




________________________________________________________________________________________
20 Plagued Men in the Rain
36'' x 36'' Acrylic on Canvas
March 2020 | Chris Crewe
20 Plagued Men in the Rain  36'' x 36'' Acrylic on Canvas  March 2020 | Chris Crewe








Comments