Shadows are for Groundhogs

 Chris Crewe | Art


 Find Out More


Just When You Thought it's Over... Spring!


Boy this has been a long winter, I get relief from talking like it is over already I tell myself I smell spring in the air when I go outside.  My long dark nights spent curled up on the sofa with stomach pain, worrying myself to death about this situation or that one.

Paperwork is coming at me left and right claiming noise violations, harassment, paint on the hallway carpet, and worse of all legal action.  I let it all roll off my back, I am way too interested in my own business to get angry at the evil property management empire.  They can get rooted.

I am in love with the world, and I feel the love coming back on me, it can be a beautiful place if you let it, in my darkest most painful moments I escape into a deep crevasse of my mind and find relief from within, the answers to everything are inside me. 

I have been chugging along as usual, carrying things that are way too heavy for me, going out for walks downtown in the night time, being inspired by objects, tags, logos, anything that catches my imagination.  Sometimes I find a cool souvenir to bring home with me.

The same day it became official that my money for art supplies was cut off completely, an email rolled in from Saatchi telling me they were featuring me in the Spring Catalog, "get ready for an increase in sales," it boldly states; 
PURE EXCITEMENT!  
I consider this the largest formal recognition I have received for my painting so far.

As if that wasn't enough, the following night I answered a call from a curator at Singulart in Germany inviting me to be a part of their online collection.  Just 
when I thought things looked their darkest, here comes some bright.  The darker the shadow, the brighter the light, I suppose... would hate to bank the future I have planned on shadows though, leave that for the groundhogs.


I remain an active presence in the world, good things that happen to me will multiply and domino into infinite, I beat to the metronome of my fellow human being hardcore.  I want, like anyone, for human consciousness to continue forward and prosper forever.

Search Results

Web results


Stay tuned to see where this story goes, the next entry I may be laying in piles of gold and jewels, first edition signed books, and smuggled artifacts from far away countries.  

I'll try not to let it change me too much. 
Bye for now! 
xxoo
_______________________________________________
Chris Crewe - Self Portrait - 2020

Copyright © 2019 Chris Crewe All Rights Reserved.

Comments