Brighter than Bright!




extra laundry detergent
Sign for Outlaw Pop Up Chris Crewe JUNE 2019

This last few weeks of talking with my spiritual advisor and artistic mentor, I was given the advice to take a rest and sit...

Contemplate my new body of work; these abstracts...

I am now a "painter of abstracts", I realized this was a new thing for me.
I was determined to take wise advice and just sit... think... this was the scariest and most vague thing I have been told to do, now I am certain I know what she meant.

Sketchbook of chris crewe summer 2019
Self Portrait | Summer 2019
I did need to get lost one more time, this breakthrough was not through to the event; there was a false bottom somewhere.  I need to re-define my starting point without any direction, I was being told to stop... just stop.


Days turned into weeks of stillness before the answer sort of settled around me like dust I could not notice.

I feel like something was handed to me by the great beyond; the very powers that be have decided to haunt my life for all of my nitpicking and complaining.

This is an idea that is worth a lot to the thinking man and it comes with a lot of responsibility; I was granted a gift, no contract with the devil...

Whatever magic dealt this hand, I want more of it.



Some sort of release... A new beginning...


sledgehammer dancer painting in acrylic on canvas
The Dancer 

The real deal is here, some sort of enlightenment, the end of my wanting and waiting for a short while...

Eventually, I will become thirsty again.

Sledgehammer mark abstract acrylic paint on canvas


Until next time friends!  

Chris Crewe | 2019

⇆⇇⇈⇋↣↕⇄⇍⇎⍈⍐⍗⇌⍈⍇⟹⟸⟺⟾⟽      💙💚💝

Comments