Take the Art to the People


Art to the People | All Summer | 2019


In this disappearing and unfolding maze of a world, one of my biggest fears is that the next great idea will be lost, fate will get it wrong and something will mess up... The next Einstein will be born in the third world and die from hunger-related illnesses within a year.

We will be left in the dark ages for an unknown amount of time and never know why.




Chris Crewe | Summer 2019
One thing I know is there are no second shots; in life, lessons are repeated until they are learned and I have been here before...

When I brought my work back to the World Wide Web for the first time in almost 8 years I was pulled in a thousand directions from "Etsy" to "Google Ads" and "GoDaddy’s dedicated SEO team”. Quickly I was drained of my time, energy, and finances... is anyone actually buying Art online?

My idea was almost lost. 💡
I am a Painter; I was taught to paint. Time to center me and begin again.

In my heart of hearts, I believe that a person should stand in front of a painting and fall in love with it, this is the way artwork is bought in my studio. 
My Paintings on Display for the Public
There is a corner in Toronto where the edge of Chinatown meets the Fashion District; Queen and Spadina was always occupied by an artist of some sort in the mid to late 2000s but now stands cold and silent.  I remember walking by every day on my way to school glancing at the artists displaying their work and sharing a joint in the shade, I became determined to occupy this space again to bring back the tradition to Toronto.

⇇⍐⇶⍗⇇⇅⇊⇋⍇⍈⍐⍗⇆⍇⍈⇕⇊⇉⍇⍐⍗


June 1st felt like the first day of summer to me, I brought my stuff and set up! 

I Sold a bunch of small works on canvas for super cheap and really connected with the public… my people, I got feedback from who I make Art for, I remembered why I make it. 

 I love Toronto so much! 💙    

        Outlaw Pop-Up Art Gallery 

 Random weekends all Summer...
        24hrs notice @ the link below:







                                                          



Comments